Are you travelling to Machu Picchu? Are you interested to know how the Incas lived?
- Type of experience: spend time with locals and scenic
- Time: full day
- Good for: Anyone who is looking for unique experiences and no common tours
- Involves 3 hour hiking to hold ruins of Pumamarca and through Inca trail to Ollantayambo
These is your chance to experience the culture, learn their traditions, eat their one of the healthiest food in the world, understand the real living culture of Peru transmitted from hundreds of years ago from natives that are descendants of the Incas. Also on day 2, you will be able to visit the ancient ruins of Pumamarac that’s not often visited by tourist, your guide will explain you all about the site and teach the history of the Incas also you will vist Salineras or the salt mines.
Early morning pick up from hotel in Cusco and be transported for about 2 hours and half through small villages and scenic views to sacred valley mountains. Along the we will stop at Ollantaytambo town to visit the Local market where we will purchase some bread for our family that we will spend the day.
We will arrive to Willoq and meet our family that will take us to their house. The day depends on the season, they may be harvesting, cultivating or other activity, the purpose is participating in the daily life and learn as much as you. When the day falls we will have a delicious dinner accompanied by beautiful stories that family has.
Wake up call by the family and breakfast with them based on boiled potatoes, cheese. We walk down from the family house for about 30 minutes to get the car that will drive us to Pallata community where we start the hike towards Pumamarca where your guide gives a tour of the place. From here we hike down to Ollantaytambo town following an old Inca trail, along the way you will have spectacular views of the valley, mountains and Incan terraces spread everywhere.
We will get back in the car at the town for 25 minute drive to Urubamba where we stop for lunch at Tunupa restaurant.
On our way back to Cusco we will stop at Salineras or salt mines. There are more than 3000 small wells where the locals process the salt and each well is filled with salty water by hand. Having a tour of this place we get back to Cusco arriving by 5pm.
Note: the family speaks Quechua (The language of the Incas) also they speak Spanish especially yunger generations, the reason we will provide you with a English speaking guide.
- Transport for both days
- One lunch, one dinner and one breakfast with the family
- Lunch at Tunupa restaurant on day 2
- Time spent with the family all day
- Entrance ticked to Salineras and the tour
- Hike to Pumamarca
This will depend on the size of the group.
If you have any questions, send us an e-mail to: email@example.com
What to bring
- Down warm fleece – jacket has to be warm enough for the nights and the jacket that is a wind breaker and/or waterresistant.
- Sun hat – as some days can be hot and sunny, we recommend you to bring a sun hat that can keep the sun off your face.
- Sunscreen – SPF 35+ recommended
- Day bag pack – You will need small bag to carry water, sun cream and other on the second hiking day