Humantay Lake Hike – OverviewJoin us in a day hike to one of Peru’s most beautiful lake near the tallest mountains of Salkantay and Humantay, the turquoise wáter at the lake is just magical and will take your breath away. Located in the Andes of Cusco, Peru, Humantay lake is extremely rich in Incan history, it is considered as very sacred for the locals in the rea, you will encounter offerings escattered around the lake is vesible. Our guides: We belive a guide is the main ingredient of any tour the reason we only choose the top guides around that are passionate about our culture and have Univercity degrees.
DeparturesThis hike is operated by PERU BY LOCALS 100%, when you book your hike. you go, we depart everyday from March to November and the size of the groups are from 2 to 8 people average, that allow us to give you personalize service. We take bookings year around, you are wellcome to reach us for any questions you have to our 14/7 number +51 989585967 or emailing us to email@example.com.
- US$ 75.00 per person (Group service)
- US$ 120.00 per person (Private service)
Whats better, private or group service?Group service. This service can have up to 8 people in the group, everyone stays in different hotels usually so, when picking them up we need to colect them from different locations also while hikking some people can be fast and some can be slow, no everyone stay togheter often during the hike because everyone has different ritm. Once you arrive to Rainbow Mountain you need to wait for everyone to arrive and have dtermined time there and hike back down when everyone is ready. Private service. We pick you from your hotel and we leave for the hike, while hiking you hike on your own ritm and you can spend as much time as you want up in the Rainbow mountain.
Your safeteness is our priorityYou are very important for us, the reason our guides are trained in Wildernes medicine (by NOLS. National Ourdoor Leadership School), they are prepared for any emergency that can occure during the hike such as getting altitude sickness, falling off or anything similar. Our guides always carry an oxigen tank in case an emergency and firts aid kid.
|Distance covered:||7km / 4.3 miles|
|Time:||3 hours hiking plus 3 hour drive from Cusco to trail head and 3 hour back|
|Lowest elevation:||3,800m / 12,464 ft|
|Highest elevation:||(4,200 m / 13,779 ft) (Humantay lake)|
|Level of difficulty:||Moderate to Challenging|
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa – Humantay LakeWe will depart Cusco hotel at 04:00am, for couple hours to Molepata where we will stop for brekfast at a local restaurant, after that we will continue for another one and half hour drive to the trailhead at Soraypampa. (3,800 m / 12,467 ft). Our hike begings along the meandering path with espectacular vistas of snow caped mountains of Salkantay and Humantay. After hiking for around 1.5 hours, we finally reach our destination, the magnificent Turquoise lake of Humantay (4,200 m / 13,779 ft) this awesome display of colourful lake and completely breathtaking. After a good time here of taking pictures and enjoying the espectacular place, we start hiking back down following the same path we took for the way up untill we get back to the van. The drive back down to Mollepata for lunch. Then, it’s just a 2 hour drive back to Cusco.
Inclusions & exclusions
Included in Humantay Lake Hike:
- Transport to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Brekfast and lunch at a restaurant
- Trekking guide, knowledgeable in history, tradition, fauna and flora (WFRs trained)
- Oxigen tank and first aid kit carried by your guide
- Entrance tickets to the área
Excluded in Humantay Lake Hike:
- Tips for guide and driver (recomended 15% of the total cost)
- Horse ride: $ 40 each
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please), we highly recommend to get travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. it should be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health you cannot continue the hike or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc. will be at passenger’s expense.
What to bring
WHAT TO BRING ON THE HUMANTAY LAKE HIKE:
- Day bag for carrying your belongings
- Phone or camera for pictures
- Clothes (hiking shoose, warm fleece jacket, gloves, rain jacket)
- Snacks, is always good to bring your favorite snacks so you can enjoy while hiking or once you get to the top
- Water (2 litter person recomender)
- Sunscreen SPF 35+ recommended
- Money, cash is always good
- If you have any medications you use , please don’t forget to bring them with you